Here is a video to show you how versatile and healthy lunches can be.
I always get questions about packing healthy lunches for kids. This is a unique challenge for parents, especially if these are new changes for children. Here is a list of some ideas to get you started.
Getting your kids to eat and to LIKE what you make them may be difficult at times but don’t give up. Keep trying and you will be surprised how quickly they make changes.
I have found that using something like a bento box (what Japanese children use – it has several different small containers that keep lunch components separate and makes for a presentation kids love. Plus…it cut’s down on plastic bags which are toxic and bad for the environment anyway.
MLNP= Maximized Living Nutrition Plans Book (contact me for a copy)
• Chicken Salad – Organic chicken, homemade mayo or avocado oil mayo, and any combination of: celery, onions, curry powder, lemon juice, nuts, grapes, raisins. Recipe in MLNP.
• Cold Meatloaf – Recipe in MLNP
• Cold Meatballs on skewers with Fruit or Cheese)
• Turkey–Melon Wrap – Organic deli turkey with thinly sliced melon wrapped in a sprouted grain tortilla.
• Fresh Mozzarella, Tomatoes, and Basil with Balsamic & Olive oil
• Chicken Wings – Just bake organic chicken wings with hot sauce (check ingredients)
• Salmon Cakes – Recipe in MLNP
• Hummus – Recipe in MLNP
• Chili in a thermos – Recipe in MLNP
• Guacamole with veggie dippers– Recipe in MLNP
• Organic Egg Salad on Ezekiel Bread or Wrap
• Organic Hard Boiled Eggs
• Dried Fruit
• Plain Grass Fed Organic Yogurt with fruit. Make sure you check ingredients! Yogurt is a common hiding place for lots of sugar.
• Cookie Cutter Sandwiches – just cut out shapes of sprouted grain bread, organic deli meat, cheese, hummus, almond butter, banana.
• Trail Mix – nuts, coconut flakes, chunks of chocolate bark (recipe in MLNP), seeds
• Smoothies in an insulated container.
• Kale Chips – Recipe on this blog.
• Organic Deli Meat Rollups – Organic Deli Meat spread with organic cream cheese or hummus, dill pickle, etc.
• Ezekiel Bread French Toast Sticks with Strawberry Syrup (organic strawberries boiled down until forms a syrup – make ahead of time)
• Sliced Leftover Organic Chicken
• Raw Cheese Cubes
• Tamari Almonds – soaked almonds sprinkled with tamari and lightly roasted
• Frozen Grapes
• Organic GMO Free Popcorn popped in coconut oil with organic grass fed butter and sea salt
• Grass Fed Beef or Turkey Jerky Recipe in MLNP
• Soup in a thermos…put hot water into your thermos and let stand for 5 minutes, remove water and refill with the soup – this will keep it warm even longer
• Salad – get creative!
• Rainbow fruit skewers – just place colorful fruit (in rainbow order) on a skewer or make mini ones on toothpicks.