This is a power-packed side dish or salad. The nutrition in this dish is out of this world and so is the taste. This is a great recipe for people new to kale, even for those who say they don’t like it. You can customize it to your taste and it is great for packing on the go. Kale is a superfood loaded with fiber, vitamins, minerals, is loaded with anti-oxidants, is anti-inflammatory, and is a great detox food.
Core & Advanced Plan
• 2 bunches kale, stems removed and chopped
• 2-3 cloves garlic, minced or pressed
• 3-4 tablespoons of tahini (sesame paste) or almond butter
• 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
• 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
• 1 teaspoon liquid aminos or tamari
• juice of 1 lemon
Optional add-ins: nutritional yeast, chickpeas, raw cashews, slices almonds, sesame seeds, chopped red onions, hemp seeds, etc.
Depending on the size of your kale bunch, you can adjust the quantities. Feel free to add more or less of any of the ingredients – just do it to your own taste.
Put all ingredients in a large bowl and massage the kale with your hands, really working the mixture together and breaking down the kale. It should reduce quite a bit. Serve immediately or store in the refrigerator.