Advanced Plan & Core Plan
This is a great alternative to red chili. It is great as leftovers and easily packed in a thermos for transport.
• 1 tablespoon olive oil
• 1 medium onion, diced
• 2 stalks celery, diced
•3 medium poblano peppers, seeded and white ribs removed, finely diced (about 1 1/2 cups) OR 2 cans green chilis
• 1 clove garlic, minced
• 1 teaspoon ground cumin
• 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
• /4 teaspoon cayenne pepper or more if you like it spicy
• 2 pounds ground white meat turkey
• 2 (15.5-ounce) cans white beans such as cannelini, drained and rinsed
• 8 cups organic free range chicken broth
• 3/4 teaspoon dried oregano
• Sea Salt
• 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro leaves, optional
• 1 avocado, chopped, optional
Heat the oil in large pot or Dutch oven over moderate heat. Add the onion, celery, and peppers, and cook, stirring occasionally, until the vegetables are soft, about 8 minutes. Add the garlic, cumin, coriander and cayenne and cook, stirring about 30 seconds.
Add the ground turkey and cook, breaking up the meat with a spoon, until the meat is no longer pink about 2 minutes. Add the white beans, broth and oregano. Cook, partially covered, stirring occasionally, for 25 minutes.
Add the salt and more cayenne pepper, to taste, and continue cooking, partially covered, 10 minutes longer. Ladle into individual bowls and top with cilantro and garnish with avocados if desired.