This is an amazing recipe that is great for the holidays or to give as a gift. As with all the Maximized Living Recipes, it is grainless and sugarless. Not only that, it contains flax which is a great source of Omega 3’s. This recipe is from my friend Lin Hardick who just happens to be my co-author B.J. Hardick’s mom.
1 ¼ cup flax seed meal
2 teaspoons aluminum free baking powder
2 teaspoons ground ginger
1/2 teaspoon ground cloves (substitute allspice)
1 ½ – 2 teaspoons cinnamon
1 teaspoon nutmeg
1/2 teaspoon salt
Stevia equivalent to approximately 2/3 cup sugar
4 large organic, free range, antibiotic‐free, eggs, beaten
1/2 cup water (substitute unsweetened Vanilla flavored Almond Milk)
1 tablespoon pure vanilla (no sugar – check the ingredients)
1/4 to 1/2 cup chopped pecans or whole pecan halves (optional)
Preheat oven to 350 F. Line a cake pan with parchment paper on the bottom and sides, or use an 8×8 inch silicone baking pan.
1) Mix the dry ingredients together.
2) Mix the wet ingredients.
3) Add the wet to the dry and combine thoroughly.
4) Let batter stand 10 minutes.
5) Pour batter into the pan.
6) Sprinkle with pecans (optional) and bake for approximately 18 to 22 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center of the cake comes out clean.