This is great to use for sandwiches or grass fed burgers. It it easy to make and loaded with nutrition. It is also called “cloud bread” in many keto circles. .
- 3 Tablespoons organic ricotta cheese (you can also use cream cheese but it needs to be room temp and whipped before starting)
- ⅛ teaspoon sea salt
- ⅛ teaspoon garlic powder
- dash Italian seasoning (or any other seasonings you desire)
- 3 large free range eggs, separated
- ¼ teaspoon cream of tartar
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F.
- Add ricotta cheese, salt, spices and garlic to a bowl and stir to combine.
- Add egg yolks in the bowl Stir egg yolks into ricotta mixture and set bowl aside
- Place the egg whites in a separate clean bowl. Add cream of tartar and beat at high speed until peaks form, usually about 5 minutes.
- Gently fold egg whites into ricotta mixture, being careful not to stir too much as the egg whites will deflate
- Line two baking sheets with parchment paper or use silpats.
- Scoop about ¼ cup of batter for a total of 6 rounds on each baking sheet.
- Bake for about 30 minutes or until top is browned.